Through almost a decade of fine tuning Cattegatt offers a well tested secondaries approach to offload a time consuming and, at times, sensitive and complex process.
Specialist Alternative Placing Power
Cattegatt provides liquidity for single outright placings and portfolio sales through a number of available channels. Cattegatt works on LP to LP shiftings as well as GP led transactions and has over time built an extensive track record in these trades, offering a seamless access to the secondaries market.
Please scroll down for more on secondaries.
The Company is based in London and works with investors world wide.
Cattegatt is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK.
Cattegatt also works with General Partners on primary capital raising mandates. We leverage on our insights and senior relationships to offer access to top investors in those private funds markets in which we operate, offering qualified placement agency.
For enquiries or to request a call back:
t: +44 (0) 20 3950 0393
Or stop by the office to meet in person!
Non core sales,
Tail end funds,
Funds in distress / special situations.
Cattegatt offers investors a seamless secondaries market access
ranging from all the classic to highly diversified strategies.
- 1. Institutional investors
- 2. Private & investment banks
- 3. Fund of funds
- 4. General Partners
- 5. Family offices
- 6. Endowments & Foundations
Even though each sale is different a generic process may be described as:
Due diligence support
Settlement & Closing
Full support until closing
- 1. Cattegatt maintains relationships with a critical mass of investors- only the most qualified are approached to build exclusivity and avoid misperceptions.
- 2. Cattegatt offers senior representation throughout the transaction cycle.
- 3. Cattegatt protects the identities of the counterparties at all times until closing.
- 4. Cattegatt always provides full transparency.
- 1. Agnostic to deal size.
- 2. Flexible pricing: cash, structured, preferred equity.
- 3. Maintains momentum: deadlines, objectives and competitive aura.
With a track record spanning almost a decade Cattegatt has
closed a range of secondary transactions in its segment including:
Private Bank sale of hedge fund and private equity LPs.
Merchant Bank liquidation of side pockets.Cattegatt
Family office exit from illiquid fund interests.
Fund of Funds rebalancing distressed credit funds.Cattegatt
Seed investor exiting from hedge fund.Cattegatt
Asset manager sales of natural resources funds.Cattegatt
Private bank basket sale of legacy fund holdings.Cattegatt
Insurance company sales of legacy holdings.Cattegatt
Endowment sales of illiquid distressed funds.Cattegatt
Pension fund disposing of tail end funds.Cattegatt
Asset manager redeeming closed funds.Cattegatt
Basket sale of various legacy fund holdings.Cattegatt
On a select and non competing fund strategy basis Cattegatt works with General Partners to raise primary capital. General Partners are introduced to Cattegatt’s senior investor networks who make allocations into alternative fund interests.
Over 15 years of gained subject matter and insight into the private funds market allow us to build momentum and efficiently position each mandate. We provide value added market guidance, procure and optimize presentations, undertake diligent follow ups, engage in project management and due diligence.
For the General Partners we work with Cattegatt offers senior representation to a universe comprising institutional investors, asset & wealth managers, endowments, family offices, fund of funds and third party consultants.
Cattegatt’s primaries focus lies in Europe and the Nordics. At times we work in partnership with other placement agents to offer our expertise to, for example, target certain regions or investor segments.
Strategies Cattegatt has worked with are buy out, private debt, distressed, venture and hedge funds and General Partners include some of the most respected names in their markets.
1.) European distressed, blue chip spin out, target EUR 500mn, European agent.
2.) Venture tech, late stage, fourth fund, target $400mn, Nordic agent.
3.) Healthcare direct secondaries, target GBP 200mn, European agent.
For more information about primary placements please contact Cattegatt.
We specialise in strategies where we have relevant track records which brings subject matter and credibility to the process.
- Identify and qualify investors – LP priority
- Optimize: presentations, fund terms
- Competitive analys, market segmentation
- Data room and due diligence preparations
- Tactical action plan: roadshows, time line
- Engage investor community: LPs, consultants,
gate keepers, advisors
- Implementation: roadshows, presentations
- Meeting management: intro, key points, next steps
- Momentum, follow ups, regular updates
- Final stage due diligence
- Capacity management
- Momentum, efficiency & dead lines
- Post closing: feedback, ”lessons learned”, next launch
- 1. Coverage: institutions, fund of funds, family offices, consultants, private banks, foundations, asset manager, sovereign wealth funds.
- 2. Geographies: deep rooted relationships in Europe and the Nordics (welcome seperate mandates).
- 3. Areas of interest: buyout, sustainability, secondaries, private debt, distressed, venture capital.
- 4. Strong aligments of interests over the complete fund raising cycle.
- 1. Cattegatt maintains relationships with a critical mass of qualified investors each with their own appetite and style.
- 2. Cattegatt engages on a deep level and tailors the fund raising plan to make sure objectives are understood and met.
- 3. Cattegatt offers senior representation at all times.
Cattegatt was founded 2010 in London to match secondary interests between buyers and sellers and work with General Partners to raise primary capital, which have been the sole missions ever since with no other product or services causing potential conflicts of interest.
The company was one of the pioneers for intermediating hedge fund side pockets and became one of the leading and most active brokers in that market. Cattegatt has since expanded and is today active across the illiquid alternative funds spectrum bringing subject matter and track record to the table.
Ownership / Senior Management
Cattegatt Capital Ltd is independently owned by Lars Lindqvist who has 20 years financial industry experience comprising brokerage, corporate finance and asset management. Lars has worked in London, Stockholm and Frankfurt for companies including Merrill Lynch, Handelsbanken and global placement agency Eaton Partners. Lars speaks English, German and his mother tongue is Swedish.
Ulrika Robertsson, senior advisor, has more than 15 years institutional capital markets experience including quantitative and alternative strategies. She has worked in client acquisition and business development roles in Frankfurt and London. Previous experiences include investment banks UBS and Goldman Sachs. Ulrika speaks English, German and her mother tongue is Swedish.
Takeshi Koyama, senior advisor, has over 20 years experience in financial markets and investments. He spent the last 9 years with fund of hedge funds Atlas/Sciens, as head of manager research / due diligence, portfolio manager and head of client advisory. Previously he was on the sell-side in convertible trading and equity derivatives at Merrill Lynch and Paribas, Paris and Tokyo. Takeshi speaks English, French and his mother tongue is Japanese.
Cattegatt Capital Ltd is regulated and authorized by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK. The Company’s FCA registration number is: 563 796.
Cattegatt Capital Ltd
124 Baker Street
W1U 6TY London
Tel: +44 (0)20 3950 0393
Regulated and Authorized by the FCA